Welcome to another new features video. This video will demonstrate StarPortal’s online admissions process.
StarPortal is StarTraq’s online evidence review software. StarPortal enables members of the public who have received a Notice of Intended Prosecution to view their traffic infringement evidence, supporting documents and nominate another driver online.
StarPortal can now be configured to allow drivers to submit an admission of guilt online. Currently this process would involve the completion of a Section 172 paper form. Being able to accept admission online greatly reduce the time and staff resource needed to process admissions.
To submit an online admission drivers will need to complete the following steps:
- Login to StarPortal using the details provided on the Notice of Intended Prosecution. All drivers will have to enter their: notice number, passcode and vehicle registration mark to gain access.
- The user will be presented with the StarPortal home screen. From this screen users can access all the related information about their road traffic offence. Including: supporting documents and photographic evidence.
- To log an admission users will need to click on the respond to notice button.
- Users will firstly have to confirm that they are the addressee of the notice and if they were the driver at the time of the offence. If they select that they were not the driver, they will be taken through our online nominations process.
- Once a user has confirmed they were the driver, they will be asked to confirm their personal details. Users can use Quick Address look up should they need to input a different address.
- Upon completion of their address details, users will be asked to confirm their driving licence details, date of birth and confirm suitable contact details.
- Before submitting their online admission, users will be given the opportunity to add any notes and will be shown a full summary of their online admission.
- After clicking the submit button, a confirmation screen will be shown.
A copy of the admission will then instantly be sent to the Dome or your preferred back-office software. StarPortal does not have to be used with StarTraq DOME for online admissions or nominations.