Welcome to another Dome tutorial, this video will show how to manage Location maps in your system.
A Location map is attached to a location in the system. They are used to illustrate the geographical position where the enforcement is taking place. They are also used in the production of evidence packs for court files.
To add a new Location map, follow these steps:
- Click the ‘Manage’ menu
- Highlight the ‘Locations’ section
- Click the ‘Locations’ sub-menu
- Select the location unit you wish to upload the map too
- A dialogue box will appear giving you the location details
- Click on the ‘Misc Documents’ tab
- A list of location maps already uploaded to the location will be listed here. Each map has a date range
- Click on the ‘New Misc Doc’ button
- A second dialogue box will pop up and ask you to enter the document name, the date it is valid from and the date it will expire and a description
- Click the ‘Upload’ button and select the document you wish to upload.
- Click ‘Save’ to close the dialogue box and then click ‘save’ again to save the changes against the location.
To edit a location map and its details, click on the ‘Misc Documents tab’ and select the location map you wish to edit. You can then amend its name, start and end date or upload a new map document. Click the ‘save’ button when you have finished.
To remove a location map, click the ‘Delete’ button to remove it from the system.