Welcome to another Dome tutorial, this video will give you an overview of the ‘Offences’ sub menu.
This menu is where system administrators and managers will manage all aspects of offence types in the system.
Contained within this menu are the following sub menus:
- ‘Types’ – Add, edit, or delete offence types in the system. Users can add a description of the offence, assign print and document types for certain offence types
- ‘Property Types’- Some offence types require property types assigned to them. For example, red-light offences are judged on the amber and red time recorded. This sub menu will allow you add, edit, delete, and assign offence properties to an offence type
- ‘Number Ranges – Add, edit, or delete number ranges in your system. These enable Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) numbers to be assigned to offences in the system
- ‘Disposal Types’ – Disposal types allow you to determine the route of the offence e.g., Course or court. So, based on the rules specified within the Dome, the system will identify whether the offence has a course, penalty, or court disposal type.
- And finally, ‘Disposal Type Criteria’ – This will allow you to specify the criteria for each disposal type. So, if a vehicle is travelling at a speed of 70mph in an area with a speed limit of 50mph, then the offence will have a disposal type of court.
The rules and criteria added to the Dome against offence types and offence codes, allows the Dome to be more intuitive and for more automation to take place.